WHAT WE DO?
Learn about our work
We promote cooperation, the sustainable development of the Amazon Region and the well-being of its inhabitants with the aim of reducing existing the asymmetries among the Member Countries as well as within the countries.
- We promote the implementation of the Amazon Cooperation Treaty (ACT) and the objectives and actions defined in the Amazonian Strategic Cooperation Agenda (ASCA).
- We promote a common strategic vision and articulated actions for the sustainable and harmonious development of the Amazon Region.
- We facilitate the exchange and cooperation among Member Countries promoting sustainable development of the Amazon Region in order to improve the quality of life of its inhabitants.
- We promote the strengthening of the rights of indigenous peoples, local communities and other tribal communities, and the empowerment of women in the Amazon Region.
- We promote knowledge management to achieve sustainable development in the Amazon Region.
We consolidate ACTO cooperation and coordination with other organizations and entities, on strategic topics for the Amazon.
- We strengthen regional information monitoring processes, the exchange of initiatives and good practices, promoting mechanisms and instruments to achieve sustainable development of the Amazon Region.
- We promote the effective management of information, knowledge and innovation on key issues to improve decision-making in the Amazon Region.
- We propose and implement regional actions and measures inherent to ACTO’s mission and the priorities of the Member Countries.
We execute and coordinate strategic regional activities, programs, and projects in accordance with the mandates of the Member Countries.
- We promote technical cooperation and capacity building in the Member Countries based on their requirements.
- We promote the visibility of the region in the framework of global agreements.
- We channel resources from international cooperation to the Amazon region.
- We promote the execution of strategic agreements with other regional and international entities to strengthen sustainable development in the Amazon Region.
ACTO holds the First Meeting of Authors of the Assessment of the State of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in the Amazon
In a virtual event held last Friday, October 8, 2021, the Permanent Secretariat of ACTO coordinated the First Meeting of Authors of the...
The governments of six Amazonian countries supported the strengthening of the ACTO as an institutional tool for work in the Amazon Region...
The Steering Committee (CDP) of the Project Implementation of the Program of Strategic Actions to ensure the Integrated and Sustainable...
Delegation of diplomats participates in a mission to the Brazilian Amazon led by the Vice President of Brazil
ACTO Secretary General, Alexandra Moreira, who is taking part with the delegation of diplomats in the trip through the Brazilian Amazon...
The 32nd LACFC Meeting will take place from the 6th to the 10th of September. The Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization (ACTO)...
ACTO hires consulting firm to prepare protocols for monitoring the quantity and quality of surface water
Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organzation – ACTO and the National Water Agency – ANA Brazil Amazon Project: regional action in the area of...